Ohyama Lights Guiding Principles
The pride we have in IRIS Ohyama, in our products, and in the service we provide to our customers is the reason we have grown in the past and why we will continue to grow in the future. We embrace the philosophy, The Customer Comes First, and we are guided by the following principles:
To put the customer first, always. We recognize that no business can grow without building strong relationships with its customer. We forge such relationships with our customers by creating great and unique products that help our customers expand their businesses which, in turn, helps us grow.
To remain flexible. We keep ourselves constantly attuned to the business environment and are willing to adapt to the changing needs and buying habits of retail buyers and consumers, while still remaining competitive.
To contribute to society. We are always mindful of the relationship between our Company, society and people by reinvesting profit in the Company and improving the lives and lifestyles of our employees, our customers and the people who use our products.
To be ambitious and to remember that perfection is unattainable. We know that energy for improvement comes from acknowledging our mistakes, and that we cannot develop our Company and ourselves without admitting our imperfections and overcoming them directly.
To be an excellent Company. We look upon our association with our employees as a partnership in growth and we strive never to lose sight of this partnership. We want our employees to prosper, which helps us to prosper. And, so, we provide the tools to make each employee's job more dynamic and interesting. Mutual respect for one another is a basic ingredient that guides us as we work together to reach our goals.
IRIS Ohyama Core Values
IRIS Ohyama keeps pace with an ever-changing market and consumer demands by:
- Focusing on our customers. The Customer Comes First is the foundation of our mission statement.
- Dedicating ourselves to excellence. We constantly strive for improvement in everything we do.
- Manufacturing high-quality products at affordable prices.
- Emphasizing continual product innovation.
- Reinvesting profits in the Company
IRIS Ohyama is committed to doing what's right for the environment by adopting and promoting programs that conserve natural resources, eliminate waste, and minimize possible harmful emissions. We are going Green by:
- Promoting recycling by our employees through a year-round program called IRIS--I Recycle In Style.
- Installing electric-run injection molding machines that use half the electricity of our hydraulic-run machines and also do not require the use of oil to run them.
- Purchasing copy paper that has been recycled.
- Installing automatic light sensors that turn off lights when no movement is detected.
- Encouraging turning off of computers and computer monitors each night.
Employee & Community Awareness
IRIS USA is mindful of the relationship between our Company, employees and society. We recognize that our success depends to a large degree on:
- Ensuring equal employment opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees regardless of race, color, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, disability, veteran status or sexual orientation.
- Improving the lives and lifestyles of our employees by providing them exceptional employment programs and policies, and the tools that enable them to succeed.
- Treating each employee as an individual with the respect, dignity and consideration due one individual from another.
- Giving back to the communities in which we operate by supporting local charities and community events.